Friday, April 1, 2011

Why?

So why would I start a blog?  I never really thought I was the type, but maybe I was just in denial.  I guess I used to think that "bloggers" were the same people who played World of Warcraft all day in a dark room with the curtains shut and referred to themselves as "gamers" with all their imaginary online friends.  (To all you "gamers" out there, no offense meant but I'm sure some will be taken, keep living the dream!)  Honestly, I still think that is how blogging started...but a few brave souls with social skills paved the way for everyone else.  Then blogging became the cool thing to do and all the gamers are now having the last laugh.  Well, not really, because they are now 15 years older and their toughest decision of the day is whether to buy a cow in Farmville or what to feed their imaginary keychain pet.  So maybe blogging is not THE cool thing to do these days, but to tell you the truth, I don't think I have the lack of morals to do what kids are calling cool these days.  I know I might be coming off as a pessimist, but people who know me would never say that...to my face.  I like to think of  myself as a conservative realist with a blunt sense of humor.  Like most people who start a blog, I have probably fooled myself into thinking that there are some people who might actually care what I have to say about things.  I guess only time will tell.  The main reason I am starting a blog is because I feel strongly toward several things about life in general.  Some are specific to the Army, some are specific to family, and most are simply how I view the world and the people around me.  So yes, I'm starting a blog to write it all down.  I might get tired of this after a couple days, but who knows, maybe the online venting will decrease the rate at which my hair is falling out.  So welcome to my blog, please wipe your feet off and close the door so you don't let all the cold air out.      

2 comments:

  1. dear mr. gust,
    you are quite the thoughtful individual...i feel that you have a lot to offer the world, with your insight and humor, and i am looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts. and feelings. haha. dont get tired of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a blunt sense of humor!!! and I LOVE to get a peek inside of a heart, mind, and soul!

    ReplyDelete