Saturday, April 2, 2011

Guess how far I can run!!


So I was sitting in my office today when a random thought just popped in my head.  Have you ever been driving around town and, while waiting at a stoplight, saw a little sticker on the back of someone’s car that read “26.2” or “13.1?”  Were you impressed that he could run that far or did you just think to yourself “Yay..the light finally turned green!”?  This is why I have never understood the reason for putting stickers like that on your car.  Does the driver want you to get out of your car, walk up to the driver’s side window, motion for him (that’s right, I said “him” because everyone knows that women are not capable of running marathons…it’s science) to roll the window down, and say “Hey, way to go man!!  You did it!”?  Ironically, most of the vehicles with these stickers are vans being driven by moms with children in the back who really don’t want the extra attention from strangers.  Most of them would probably freak out and have no idea what you’re talking about.  Not very impressive if you ask me…she can run a marathon but can’t take a compliment.  
Additionally, why would you brag about finishing half of anything to include a marathon?  You never see the 25 y/o McDonald's fry boy bragging about finishing his sophomore year of high school...it is half after all.  Just get a sticker that says "I quit at 13.1"  
What if a guy in a wheelchair bought a used car that had a sticker like that on the back?  Would you call him a liar or just make him take it off?  The next time I see a car with a sticker like that, I guess I’ll just slash the tires so they can start training for their next marathon.                  

1 comment:

  1. you are mean, especially about the wheelchair guy. i mean, what if he rolled 13.1 miles. wheelchair people should be proud to finish half of something and get a sticker too.

    ReplyDelete